The first Maybelline 12 shade collection curated to create infinite looks with bold beiges, sultry sands, brazen bronzes, and over the top taupes. Most of the colours in the palette are warm shades. It is also the only 12-eyeshadow palette selling in the Malaysia beauty and health store. There is no other brands brought in 12-eyeshadow palette into the market unless for high end products.
Some people say this palette is a imitation / dupe of The popular Urban Decay Naked palette but some are denying it. What do you think? Want to know my opinions? Keep on reading…
Made from plastic, slim and compact. Very fragile and need to handle it with EXTRA care.
Shade and pigmentation
5- matte colors , 7- shimmer colors.
Some people would say it is Urban Decay original Naked Palette dupe but not for me. It has it’s own color and pigmentation which is definitely different than Naked Palette. Besides that, to get high colour pay off, we need to use eyeshadow base/ cream shadow in order to get intense color and lasting.
The soft brown (top, second from the right) doesn’t turn out well. Most probably the color is almost similar to my skin / sheerer pay off, either one. The rest the colors pay off are great.
In meanwhile, the some of the shimmer colors are a little bit chalky and could give a big mess when applying it. Extra careful when applying shimmer colors.
Texture: All the matte shades have soft smooth buttery texture while shimmer shades are in uneven texture, some are buttery soft & some are chalky.
There is also a guideline diagram at the back of the packaging. It could be used as quads, trios and even duos. It makes life way easier! makeup-guide-user-friendly. All in one humble palette.
- If you never own any brown warm colors, this palette would be your companion.
- The color pay off is not worth the hype.
- The guideline of quads, trios, and duos is the savior for the palette. We could refer to the diagram when we had no idea on eyeshadow color of the day/ even a for beginner, this would guide you in putting eyeshadow.
- The retail price of RM 60 + is a little bit pricey for this palette. (my opinion)
- Need to use eyeshadow primer/ base to get high intensity color pay off.
- Yet, it is still great and worth to be owned compared to normal quads/ trios/ duos in our local beauty and health stores; Watsons and Guardian.
Retail Price: RM 60++
Where to get?: Selected Watsons.
Thank you for reading!