Today I am gonna review an eyeliner from Miss Hana. Miss Hana is a korean brand makeup product and I know not many of you know this brand because it is not selling widely in Malaysia and only can be found through online. Yet, I must share the” amazing-ness” of this product to you. Why? cause I am just loving it.
Couple of my friends were asking me;
Okay girls, My answers would be:
1) You may try Sephora 12h eyeliner . (you can get it at Sephora @ RM 32 only)
2) Miss Hana gel eyeliner (the one that I am reviewing, kindly referring to the subject)
3) Maybelline Masterline eyeliner(if it suits you, some of my friends recommend it to me, but it doesn’t work on my oily eyelids. My eyelids are really difficult to work with.)
4) Maybelline gel eyeliner. I heard so many great things about it and it is also one of the best Gel liner in the market, aligned with high end products.
5) Heavy Rotation is one of my favorite eyeliners, but it is in INK MARKER PEN form. Plus, the price is quite expensive for me to retain buying it every month.
6) Others, I haven’t found any waterproof / smudge proof eyeliner in pharmacies yet. But, the top 5 eyeliners that I have mentioned were the ones I’ve tried and so far, they are the best among other eyeliner pencils in Watsons / Guardian.
What are the criteria(s) that catch my attention on Miss Hana Gel Eyeliner pencil?
1) Sweet pink packaging. 5/5 for the packaging!
2) When I heard it is waterproof and smudge proof eyeliner, I immediately wanted to try it.
3) I read so many reviews about it and most of them are positives especially on pigmentation and longevity.
4) Affordable price , it is RM 26 at Hermo.my | RM 24.90 at Nattacosme.com
5) It is GEL LINER. Who can resist of getting a perfect gel liner for the eyes?
Night Black is the darkest creamiest black eyeliner I ever had. Even my Bobbi Brown gel liner is not this creamy (maybe it’s already dried out). Nevertheless, Pencil form of gel liner is good to keep because it would not dries out very quickly and last pretty long in our stash. Furthermore, this pencil gel eyeliner is easy to carry around as the cap attach very close to the pencil even after sharpening it. Carrying around jar gel eyeliner is annoying because we need to carry along the brush too. If the brush doesn’t has a cap, it would makes the makeup bag a big mess with the leftover ink on the brush.
(Sorry for the low quality pictures taken from Iphone 4s front camera)
My words on this eyeliner;
First, I would highlight the waterproof and smudge-proof test. I didn’t take photos for the waterproof test but I did the test and it is totally proven as waterproof gel liner. Anyhow, for the smudge-proof test, for some reasons, it does smudge on my oily eyelids but not horribly smudge. Just a little bit but still , it doesn’t stay on place. Bear in your mind that I have very very very extremely oily eyelids. Even Bobbi Brown, Nars Larger Than Life and other gel , cream eyeliner-type does nothing on my eyelids. So far, only Sephora 12H eyeliner works the best on me. Other than Sephora 12H eyeliner, I need to be extra careful and apply it on waterline, inner rims and lower lashes only.
Now, I am very happy because I found a great daily eyeliner (besides the Sephora 12H pencil) for myself and also to be used on client , especially brides as I need to ensure that they get a perfect non-smudge makeup for their big day.
Next is the texture of the product. As I have mentioned earlier, the texture is very creamy (gel alike) and it glides very smooth and silky. However, we need to blend it with brush and set it with eye shadow on top of it to prevent from smudging. Nevertheless it is not a big problem for me because as long I have no difficulties applying it on eyes and it stays nicely on skin, it is a perfect eyeliner for me. I just need an easy eyeliner to work with. One additional important information, this eyeliner is easy to remove by using normal eye makeup remover. That’s it! It doesn’t has any specific makeup remover or whatsoever. It just need an oil-base makeup remover or baby oil. 🙂